Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Upd8 #1 ... and Happy Holidays from the Princess of Snow!








Well, tomorrow marks the day that declares it is one week until Christmas.  How time flies.  Happy holidays everybody!

http://sstree.com/wp-cms/wp-content/uploads/Christmas-tree.jpg

Welcome to Upd8 #1.

  • First of all, in short, my two older siblings introduced me to a very new anime series called Attack on Titan.  I've only watched six episodes in the last two days, and I've gotten hooked!  The animation is the most beautiful I have ever seen, outweighing most other cartoons by impossible standards, and the 3D maneuverers?  The coolest methods of transportation in the history of ever!  And, of course, I adore the outfits and the characters. I am very excited to see more episodes.

  • As for my novel, if you wish to read some of it, please expect delays, as I have said before.  My writer's block disappeared for Chapter Sixteen, and I have chiseled my way to Chapter Twenty.  However, I am not sure how to start it and will probably not start publishing my chapters on here until I get to at least Chapter Thirty.  But even so, I will keep writing and perhaps unveil some fan arts I've made over the past months.  

http://michaeljholley.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/writing-writing-31275199-1500-1004.jpg

  • School is weighing down upon me, and I will not get my break until the beginning of next week.  Biology is much harder than I expected, and I now realize that memorizing terms on a mushroom's anatomy and life cycle can prove to be effective when it comes to a degree in college or something like that, but, as an artist, it will probably end up being rather useless in my life.  But who knows?  Perhaps God has something really weird planned ahead.

http://www.ccny.cuny.edu/biology/images/biologybanner.jpg

  • And, finally, I must tell you fellows something very important.  For the past few years, I have been a devoted fan of The Lord of the Rings trilogy directed by Peter Jackson.  When I saw The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, I expected the same epic auras of The Lord of the Rings, but it did not have quite the same feel as the others.  However, after I realized that The Hobbit would be made into another trilogy and not just two movies, I became very excited, almost too excited, to find that Orlando Bloom would be reprising his role as Legolas in the second Hobbit film.  I don't remember how long I screamed with excitement into my pillow.

http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/keep-calm-i-have-a-crush-on-someone-1.png

But what does this have to do with Upd8?  Well, I'll be able to see The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug with my dad in a nearby theater this Saturday while my two older siblings, the ones that got me into Attack on Titan, see The Hunger Games: Catching Fire in the same theater at the exact same time.  It was very convenient that the showtimes lined up perfectly, otherwise there would have been no other way for me to see it.  Let's just say that I saw one window of opportunity to see this movie, and I took it.

And this is what my newest poster looks like!  It's glorious and I will treasure it forever.

http://apnatimepass.com/the-hobbit-the-desolation-of-smaug-movie-wallpaper-16.jpg

Well, I'll see you all in a later post.  I will eventually post some chapters from my novel and some fan arts!!

With love, hugs and kisses good-night, and wishes of happy holidays to all,

Snowprincess

http://www.nyewall.com/images/2013/06/snowflake-photo-x-wallpapers-x-wallpapers.jpg

3 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy watching The Hobbit 2!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! It was fun to read this update from you!

    Hmmm...an anime-obsessed friend of mine talked glowingly of Attack of the Titans a while ago, but I had forgotten about it. Now that I'm on holiday from school, I think I should make some time to discover what that anime is all about!

    Well, whenever you choose to publish chapters from your novel, I will be sure to read and comment on them. It looks really interesting and I can't wait to start reading it. Interestingly, I'm taking biology this year too, and it can be somewhat challenging sometimes, especially because of the volume of the material you must memorize to do well. I just took my test on the evolution unit yesterday and it was a little bit laborious, especially because I'm a creationist and therefore do not believe that evolution is either scientifically or religiously correct. Hang in there; the holidays are almost here! (or here already...since my comment is late).

    I hope you have a really fun time watching the Hobbit! I have a few friends who are Lord of the Ring's obsesses and their excitement over the new movie is infectious. One of my friends even wrote a review for our local newspaper describing how wonderful the movie is, and I'm starting to think it would be a worthwhile one to watch sometime.:)

    Goodbye for now, and Merry Christmas!
    Towa

    ReplyDelete