Thursday, October 24, 2013

WRI-TING!!!




 http://media.wbur.org/wordpress/16/files/2013/07/0703_writing_cog.jpg



What was your first-ever piece of writing?
To be brutally honest, I believe it was a one-page story about a young boy that becomes best friends with a wolf. I must have written it when I was barely old enough to know what the word "dialogue" or "paragraph" meant. Once upon a time, I had no inspiration whatsoever to become a writer. Now here I am, working my way through a novel.

How old were you when you first began writing?
I must have been barely fourteen when I gave writing a real shot. It was a story inspired by, of all things, a cartoon off Nick Jr. Don't even ask what it is. Ever since then, I've been trying harder and harder to make my writing better by starting a novel and striving to finish it. I don't know if I will make writing into a career or not.

Name two writing goals. One short term & one long term.
Short term: finish at least one of my fanfictions. Long term: finish my novel. It will have well over a hundred chapters in total and I'm stuck on Chapter Sixteen. BLEEEEEEHHHHH

Do you write fiction or non-fiction?
Mainly fiction, but non-fiction is in my writing ability, just on the edge.

Bouncing off of question 4, what’s your favorite genre to write in?
Off the top of my head I would say that my best writing strength is fantasy. It is so much fun to discover new races and characters with weird names to accompany them, and strange but amusing stories of ancient villains, rookie heroes, and annoying little fairies that follow the main characters around. I love it!

One writing lesson you’ve learned since 2013 began.
If you're writing about two characters falling in love, MAKE SURE THEY ACTUALLY TALK TO EACH OTHER TRUTHFULLY!!! If both or one of the characters never says what they mean, then there will never be anything real between them. I discovered this through reading the first few chapters of Twilight.

Favorite author, off the top of your head!
Cornelia Funke! I love Inkheart!

Three current favorite books.
A Series of Unfortunate Events Book 1 by Lemony Snicket, Resistance by Elian Lisette, and The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster.

Biggest influence on your writing {person}:
My big sister, definitely! Her beautiful way of putting things inspired me so much to invent my own stories and to weave my own words to see if I can become a writer like her. I admire her writing so much.

What’s your go-to writing music?
Mainly The Nutcracker Suite by Tchaikovsky. Those gorgeous Christmas melodies bring out the best of my words.

List three to five writing quirks of yours! Little habits, must-haves as you write, etc.
I like to drink coffee or have a spoonful of Nutella before, during, or after I write! I call them "brain food". I also like to browse through some pictures of whatever I am going to write before I get to it so I can get the gears of my brain consistently turning. And quirk #3: the only place I can write is on my bed in my little pillow cove. Truly, it is the only place.

What, in three sentences or less, does your writing mean to you?
The words that flow from my fingertips mean that I can express myself in a way that only I know how, and they bring a sort of immortality to my being. I am fascinated by the art of painting pictures with little lines that create letters, creating words, creating stories. I do not know if this will become my future profession, but I know that I love it, and as long as I can, my soul will be unleashed into words. 

http://poeticfool.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/writing.jpg

7 comments:

  1. I love how the book your sister wrote is on your list of favorites:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe! Yeah, I've been following her writing for the last thirteen years or so. It's been skyrocketing!

      Delete
  2. NO NO NO I am not that great of a writer but I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this was so much fun to read. As a person who enjoys writing myself, I always enjoy finding about what makes other people's writing tick. I love fantasy and science fiction writing myself, because it is so much fun to explore imaginary cultures and invent the way characters act in a whole new setting. A Series of Unfortunate Events is a really funny series; I started reading it years ago and I really need to get back to it and finish reading the series.:) Maybe we can talk about it sometime!:)

    In Christ, and many well wishes,
    Towa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment, Towa! I hope we can get to some real chatting sometime. Stilwater has told me you want to be friends, and I would love to be your new friend!! <3

      Delete
    2. You're more than welcome! I'd love to chat with you sometime! I've known Stilwater for quite some time and it's really wonderful to finally meet her younger sister; she's talked about you several times to me! I look forward to talking with you and finding common interests!:)

      Delete